Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow paralysis.

Honestly, I've been here.

Drinking buckets of tea.

Reading books. (Go read the Hunger Games trilogy. You'll thank me later. And then go and read A Brush of Darkness. Again, you will thank me later.)

Writing. Editing, to be more accurate.

Watching endless repeats of Wall-E at the small girl's request. Ungh.

Baking.

nomnombread

Sullivan Street Bakery's recipe. AMAZING result. Lovely crackly crust, and a good chewy crumb. I used a cast-iron Ikea pot, similar to a Le Creuset for this loaf. Worked really well, and I'm hoping to try the recipe again, but with rye flour. Anyone know where I can get some?

Knitting, of course. I'm feeling a little bit Groundhog Day-ish. I've been knitting and knitting...but have nothing finished to show you. But I can show you the swap package that I sent for the Mod Swap now.

MOD 011

You see the bag in the back? That's the Keyka Lou Bucket Bag pattern. Made from canvas and quilter's cotton, it's a very fun pattern to make up. Other stuff includes: silk brocade project bag, the Damson shawl from the last post, Uberwench fibre and handspun, Malabrigo chunky, a needle case, the Luxury One Skein Wonders book, and candies. As always, there's a few things missing from the pic. *sigh* Tea, some Kidsilk Haze, and a super secret bonus project. Will post pics of that later.

In the meantime, I'mma go and shovel more snow. Again.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Mmmmm....breeeeaaaaaddddd. Winter makes me carb crazy. Lovely swap packages too.

knittingwoman said...

I didn't care for the hunger games last time I tried to read it but I have a brush of darkness on my i phone now and can't wait to read it. thanks for the books reviews/recommendations:)