Saturday, September 11, 2010

This is still a crafting blog, right?

Just checking.

My crafting time has mostly been taken up with swap packages as of late - I had two on the go, themed around Grimm's Fairy Tales and Apocalypse/Zombies. Even though I've not sent out both, I'll show them to you. I'm quite proud of them, they're amongst the best packages that I've ever put together.

Grimm's Fairy Tales


scootypuff 122

Here, you can see a Star-Crossed Slouchy Hat, lots of fat quarters and remnants from the Cinderella project bag (tutorial here), A Make Your Own Slippers Kit (with pattern, Malabrigo, buttons and needles), a skein of KnitPicks Stroll in Enchanted Forest, and miscellaneous yummies. This is probably the most international package I've put together, as the books and glass boot shotglass are from Germany, the chocolate is from San Francisco, and the buttons are from my inherited button collection, likely originating in South Africa. I loved the hat so much that I made myself one too.

tired 012

Apocalypse/Zombie Swap


I made my partner a Zombie survival kit.

chucknorris 006

There's a pair of Evangeline gauntlets, a Crazy Zauberball, Sari and Angelina fiber for spinning (my partner likes to make art yarn), seriously gross band-aids, gummy brains, a handmade brain soap, the coolest needle gauge ever (the bloody hand), and the bag, made to look somewhat post-apocalyptic.

chucknorris 001

I added some Shaun of the Dead buttons to the outside of the bag, but forgot to get pics of them.

chucknorris 017

Chuck Norris approved FTW.

Other projects that were finished up:

twinkleberry 006

Twinkleberry socks! Not sure I like the cuff on these - they tend to roll. But very pretty nonetheless.

phulzzzze 008

A simple pair of fingerless gloves for myself, for when the weather starts to get nippy. Silky Malabrigo, dyed by me in the Sedna colourway.

And would you like to see what the beach looks like the day before a hurricane hits?

earl 031

earl 010

Pretty damn sweet. And yes, that is a X-wing fighter that Mr. Munchkin is surfing the waves on.

1 comment:

Steph VW said...

Awesome goodies! Love the "chuck norris approved" badge. It's way better than a "good housekeeping seal of approval".

I heart Mr. Munchkin.