Monday, December 14, 2009

That's a little better...

This is the second mitten, and I learned quite a lot from it's completion.


One: When improvising a pattern, fer Pete's sake...look at other similar patterns so that you don't end up with Penishands.


Second: If improvising patterns, do not do so during a marathon session of Red Dwarf. The ensuing giggles will definitely distract you from the task at hand.


Third: Getting heavily into the Holiday Spirit(s) may also impair your ability to improvise said pattern. Regarding that last point...don't judge me too harshly, as my in-laws are coming for Christmas again this year. *sigh* The first mitten was ripped back and knit to match the second, and they've both been sent to my Mum, hopefully in time for the holidays. Canada Post is being a serious booger this season.

My swap package for the Shakespeare Swap has arrived! It was lovely, and there was clearly a lot of care put into this baby:




See that bag? Handmade, people. And it is the PERFECT size for my current FO, Thermis. And the scarf/shawl? Stunning. I am utterly charmed by this package and my faith in the Interwebs has been renewed. The holidays really are the most wonderful time of the year.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Oooo, I want to knit a Thermis. Know what? Think I will.

The new mitts are lovely.
(I'm staying away from the Penishands...too...many...jokes).

Cassidy :) said...

I have no idea why, but I think I like this blog. Even though knitting's not my thing, I think I like looking at the stuff you make and pretending I can make it, even though I never will. By the way, can you knit me a thermis?

La Cabeza Grande said...

The scarf / shawl is gorgeous!