Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I need a house elf.

So, last week, Mr. Munchkin comes over and excitedly waves an envelope in my face.

"Mom! It's a birthday invitation! Sunday!"

"Oh, sounds like fun."

"Yup! It's a Harry Potter party ... and I'm in Hufflepuff house (last part said rather dejectedly)."

"Aww, don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fun anyway."

"AND! It's a costume party!"

"Wait, whaaaa?"

And that is how I ended up sewing and glue gunning my little heart out for two days solid. But in the end, I think it was worth it.

hufflepuffpride

I used this tutorial for the wand, and modded this one for the robe.

Note: if you want the "hood" on the back, you can use the excess fabric that you use away from the sleeves. Works like a charm. (Ha!) When cutting the front, cut a very shallow half-circle around the neck area, and you can attach the hood there. The tie is just fabric with lines drawn on with a sharpie.

Needless to say, this was wicked fun to present to him on the morning of the party. Knitting content to come eventually. I'm working on a swap package atm, so I'll have to wait until the package is sent to reveal all of the loveliness within.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is the cutest thing ever. Gonna be a massive heartbreaker when her grows up. (I also recognize that look of mischief. Lucy looks very much the same. LOL)

Marti said...

Love. It. The tie is genius.

Unknown said...

What a lucky boy! You sure are SuperMom!