Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Almost there...

Oh wow.

It's sunny. And WARM. I can't help but hope that summer is actually here. Oh course, it's perfect weather to finish up something massive and wooly.


A thank you gift for Mr. Munchkin's teacher. She's been beyond phenomenal, and this Gap-tastic cowl is just part of the homemade gifts that we'll be giving her. Excuse my crappy hair styling, I'm not really sure what to do with it these days.

Since the weather's been so rotten, I've been hiding in my sewing room. Lots of project bags (gifts for my fellow Odd Duck mods!).


Simple linen drawstring bags, filled with some wonderful stuff. That will have to stay a surprise for a bit longer, as I'm not mailing anything until the Canada Post strike is over. *sigh*

Also. The Viking Project is almost complete. For Mr. Munchkin - I just need to hem his pants. For Ms. E - her dress is done! And for Mr. Ninja - Tunic and pants are complete. As for myself...well. Things are not going swimmingly.

So, I finished my dress. And decided that I didn't like the beige. Purple was mentioned at the dinner table as a nice option. I pulled out my Procion dyes and set to work. What I didn't anticipate was how trashed the dress would get in the washing machine.


GAH.

...

At least it looks lived in, eh?

Luckily, I needed to shorten the sleeves anyway, so I should be ok. However, if you hear wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from Dartmouth way...it's probably me. Send chocolate, please.

1 comment:

Steph VW said...

Love the Gap-tastic cowl. Though, I must say it's definitely Gaptastic of two or three seasons ago, because the Gap has been sucking as of late. Yup. I said it.