Monday, June 13, 2011

NINJAS!!!

Oh yes. I do love me some ninja action. They are easily my favourite character to play in Deadliest Warrior. Fast, quiet, nimble and handy with a garrote...my kinda assassin. Anyway. Onto the ninja goodies!

From my partner:

Ninjas

Filled with win, yes? Best part?

Ninjas

Ninja octopus stitchmarkers. Seriously. I love them beyond all reason.

And from me to my partner:

ninjaswap

More October Leaves mitts. LOVE LOVE LOVE this pattern and think that I need a pair for myself. Handspun, a Cthulhu dice bag, ninja stitch markers, nibbles, a nifty case for her interchangeable needle set, and a project bag with a hidden secret.

ninjaswap

Dere's a ninja in dat bag!!!

Now. I bet you want to make your own ninja-tastic bag, yeah? Ok, then. Tutorial on it in my next post (it's one of the easiest bags to make, ever). But if you want a shopping list, here goes:

1 quarter yard of outer fabric (red brocade in this case)
1 quarter yard of inner fabric (black linen in this case)
a bit of fusible interfacing (I used two scraps that were about 3 x 3 inches each)
Ribbon or cord
Thread, sewing machine, scissors, etc.

Ninja version will also require:
A scrap of off white (for the face) fabric
Two safety eyes.

See you then!

4 comments:

Steph VW said...

Hidden ninja in the bag = awesome.

Marti said...

Agree with Steph. I can just picture myself sitting there, opening and closing the bag, just to see the little secret ninja peering at me. What can I say...I'm a bit of a simpleton. Lovely stuff.

seberu said...

I love the fabric on the zip pouch that you got in the swap! Do you happen to know where they got it?

The Ninja Knitter said...

Seberu, I think that it's an Alexander Henry design. Best bet to find it would be to search for "ninja fabric kanji", I suspect.