Sunday, September 27, 2009

Swap Happy.

So, over at Ravelry...I may joined a swap. Or two. Possibly three. Needless to say, this may be a case of me biting off more than I can chew, especially once you add Christmas shopping into the mix. (PSA: 12 weeks until gifts are due, people. Yikes.) But I'm slowly getting things done.

Christmas gifts for the ladies in my family this year are all coming from various etsy silversmiths. And as for the men? Well, I'm still wracking my brain on that account. This year, though...I refuse to knit gifts this year for anyone over the age of 10. The ratio of appreciation to work just isn't high enough to justify me wearing my fingers down to the bones.

And as for my swaps? I'm particularly excited about one of them - it's a swap based on Shakespeare! Partners haven't been handed out yet, but I'm already bursting with ideas. See, we have to include one big item (i.e. a hat/mitts/etc), a medium item (i.e. a skein) and two small items (i.e. chocolate, soap, tea, etc.). For the big item, I'm envisioning something really fun that involves beads and yarn. I'll keep you posted, as I may actually write this one up as a pdf pattern. Medium item will likely be a skein of handspun. I'll know what colour when I find out what my partner's preferences are.

For all three swaps, I will be sending stitch markers as part of the packages. So last night, I sat down and made up a bunch of prettiness.





See? Nice, eh? They're going to be hard to part with. I've also been sewing for the swaps, but I think that I'll save those pics until after the swaps are done. Y'know. Just in case. Wouldn't want to disappoint any one stalking me...

1 comment:

Marti said...

Love the stitch markers. Also will not knit for Christmas. Feeding fidgety baby. Must go now.