Saturday, October 9, 2010

Life isn't exciting enough...

so I decided to commit myself to something out of my ordinary. I'm going to be participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time! I have a story, characters and location all ready. Now I'm just waiting for November to roll around so that I can get started. Needless to say, you probably won't hear too much from me during that time...and Christmas knitting is going to progress at a glacial pace. I'm going to be making a minimum of four hats, and hoping to get seven done in time for gifting.

So, I'm preparing. Tea and chocolate stocked, check. Fingerless mittens to keep my hands warm late into the night, check. Writing buddies, check. (But I would always love to have more - my page is here. Feel free to add me!) I'm rushing to finish up many of the projects that I have on the needles NOW so that I'll have time to get everything I have planned done. One of those projects was an Elliot sweater.

Eliot

(Yes, I need to find a new background for my photos.) Seriously modded. I was weak and couldn't face doing all the necessary stockinette. So I started a spiraling YO, K2tog pattern. And the sleeves are short...because that's all the yarn I had left after finishing the body. The sweater took two skeins of 100purewool worsted.

Oh!

I nearly forgot! I received my packages from the Zombie/Apocalypse Swap! Check it out:

zombies 007

zombies 009

I LOVE this bag.

zombies 014

And the mittens? To DIE for. (Ha, get it? Zombie swap? Die? Meh, I need to get out more...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome about that NaNo! I won't be able to do it this year, but I'll be rooting for you! :)

Can't wait to what you come up with.