Saturday, October 2, 2010

Why I will never block with an iron again...

See this?

luggage 066

It's a Saroyan - gorgeous pattern, quick knit. I made it extra long so that I could use it as a scarf when Winter hits. Knit out of the same Malabrigo as the Treads mittens and the Star Crossed Beret...I was *this* close to having a real, grown-up matching set of accessories.

Then I pulled a dumb-ass move.

I don't have blocking wires of my own yet, so I thought (always a bad idea) to myself: "Hey! I can just steam iron this sucker flat!"

...

And here you see the consequences of my dumb-assery. I BURNED THE WOOL.

luggage 067

*sob*

So, now...I'm thinking of colours to dye the scarf, hat and mittens, so that the scorch marks are hidden. Black? Maybe?

*sigh*

I'm going to go and order a set of blocking wires from Knitpicks now...anyone else want in on the order?

4 comments:

lulubelle said...

GASP!

Oh no!

Steph VW said...

Nooooooooooo!!!

Say it isn't so!

UberWench said...

Ack! That sucks! *sadness*

I too am placing a Knitpicks order... I am too busy to connect to get you monies, so I will just do it on my own.

Megan said...

Your Saroyan made me want to knit one so I did, last week!

Did you dye it yet? Maybe you could just put a funky pin over it?