Friday, October 15, 2010

Mother Maiden Crone...

Y'know, I could get used to knitting with bulky yarn. Since I posted last, I've had time to make two out of the four hats that I was aiming for. (Please excuse the blurry mirror pic...)

hatz 039

Simple Slouchy Hat pattern, bulky merino/cashmere yarn. Gorgeous stuff, ordered from WEBS. (Otherwise known as Mecca.)

gnomey 001

Gnomey Childs Hat, in the same merino/cashmere...but since I didn't have it in the requested colour, I dyed it purple. And tossed in some skeins of Malabrigo silky merino while I had the dyepot out.

pinkpretty 061

The middle skein is the original colour of the bulky (how on earth could I resist cashmere/merino for $3 a ball, I ask you) and the skeins in the foreground are the silky merino.

At the moment, I'm plugging away on Mr. Munchkin's Hallowe'en costume. Will post pics when I can, but it's taking awhile 'cause I keep laughing myself stupid while working on it. Also, I finished off some handspun - I took it to KOL, and just got into a groove. Is pretty, yes?

mothermaidencrone 005

It's spun from the lovely roving that I was given in the Gods/Goddesses swap - named Mother Maiden Crone. I lurves it. Muchly.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Ooooo, the yarn is so pretty. Nicely done :)

jak said...

Delish!
Love the name :)

Steph VW said...

Lurve, lurve, lurve!