Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In a listy mood today...

#32 of things not to say to your small child

Child: Daddy, I'm scared of the monsters in the closet!

Husband: Don't worry. I chased all the monsters out. So the pirates would have room.

Child: ...

Pirates?

Husband: G'Night!

*door closes*

Me: Get your ass back in there and make this better. Now.

More proof that God has a sense of humour:

Me (last night at KOL): Happy Zombie Jesus Day, Steph!

*large man who appears to be wearing a black coat stands up and frowns disapprovingly at me as he leaves the cafe*

Steph: Uh...I think that was a monk. The big swingy cross around his neck kinda gave it away.

Me: D'OH.

*cut to this morning*

Me: Owwww.

Husband: What's wrong?

Me: Well...last night, when I was tossing and turning...I somehow managed to whack myself in the forehead with the corner of the night stand. Hard. Seriously, there's a massive purpley goose egg with a corner shaped dent there now.

Husband: Huh. Looks like the monk was praying all night for someone to knock some sense into you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your goose egg!

We're still laughing here as dh told me that you went to his table and said "excuse me Sir, can we use this chair?!" He said to me...I HAVE to dye my hair. LOL!

Cassidy :) said...

Haha. Funny. No pirates in my closet. I checked. Or, are there...?