Sunday, April 4, 2010

Trying something new...

I just want to say thank you for the love. Honestly, I was a bit whiny in the last post - I do apologize for that - as I'm currently suffering from a dire monthly need for chocolate. (Apparently, this is how most women refer to PMS, according to Steph. I always called it PMS, as in "Poor Mister Season".)

As for the something new, I'm knitting myself a sweater! I've finished off all of my current projects, excepting a pair of socks for Mr. Ninja but since one sock's done, I'm giving myself a mulligan on that one. I finished all of the projects for my LOTR swap, and I'll post pics of the entire package after it's arrived. But I can't resist showing you the part that I'm really proud of.


I call these "Gauntlets of the Witch King". They're adapted from the Pyroclastic sock pattern from knitty. Knit in Dream in Color Starry (Purple Rain colourway). Don't they look like something one of the Nazgul would wear under all those flowy robes?

Anyhoo, I've never knit myself a sweater. I've knit sweaters for the man, the boy and the girl. But nothing for me. I was looking for a cardigan that would knit up quickly and was a little feminine (nothing too fru-fru). Estelle is what I've chosen, let's hope it works out! Knitting it in smoky grey Malabrigo, on 4.5 needles. I'm not a fan of how the pattern is written, but so far, so good. About to start the lace section. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Steph VW said...

I'm so happy you're making something for you! I need to get on that for myself. I can't go back to work having made nothing more than socks for me. Yeesh.

Love the gauntlets, love, love, love.

Cassidy :) said...

You seem to be a little addicted to this knitting thing!

However, the gauntlets are really cute. I'd wear them. I wear, like, nothing. Only jeans. And hoodies.

Unknown said...

*makes grabby fingers*

Arm Socks. NOM!


Glad you're feeling better. :)

beth said...

Thank you for making bean bags for the kids in Liberia! We appreciate your taking part in the project over at Craft Hope.
Beth at LOEP