Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just a little hit...

I had the urge to make something last night. Could be that I was prompted by the looming deadline of Mother's Day. Anyhoo. I had a few dollar store placemats still hanging around from when I made these bags. I decided to see what a bag made with two long sides and one short side would look like, and I came up with this.


I figure that it'll be perfect for those times when I go to the farmer's market for just a baguette and a few sundries. Usually, I have issues with my baguette escaping, but I think that won't be a problem now. As you can see, it's easily portable with just the one strap on the back, but when it needs to be opened to carry tall skinny stuff, the other strap (which is tucked inside until needed) comes into play.


The closure also comes courtesy of the dollar store - a hair elastic and a button from a big bag of random buttons. The little OMGWTF patch was an afterthought - the zigzag stitching that I used to attach the hair elastic was ugly, and I happened to have this patch lurking in the label drawer. Yes, I have a label drawer in my craft room. This particular patch comes from the early days of Etsy, and I dearly wish that I had more of them, but this was the last one I had.

Guess I'll have to take this baby on a test run...market bound, I am!

2 comments:

lulubelle said...

You are terribly clever, you know that right?

Cassidy :) said...

Creative...love that farmer's market!